The Royal Alberta College

Student Services

The Office of Student Services

Located in Room 150*

The office is open on school days between the following hours

  • 09:30am –  12:00pm
    12:30pm – 03:30 pm

Throughout the year, our office is staffed by an Administrative Assistant and a Support Staff team member. They offer guidance and information on various topics including:

– Student Orientation (Welcome services)
– Resources for cultural and lifestyle adjustments
– Guidance on banking (How and where to open a bank account)
– Information on health insurance (How and where to apply) and wellness support
– Navigating Edmonton resources (Taking ETS etc)
– Academic support resources
– Volunteering opportunities information
– Alberta Student Aid application assistance

Please note that offices and staff rotate throughout the year. To ensure you receive assistance from the appropriate personnel, please confirm your visit by email prior to arrival.

 to apply) and wellness support. Resource information on navigating through Edmonton (taking ETS etc), resources for academic support, information on volunteering opportunities; and information for applying for Alberta Student Aid.

Reach this office by email



*Please note that emails are only answered during office hours.

Student Resources

Online Resources

Google Classroom

As a registered student at The Royal Alberta College, you are automatically enrolled into the college’s Google for Education System, this is the primary system that you will use to engage, communicate, research, collaborate in and out of the classroom.

You will access through your Edmonton Public Library Account, where you will be able to access the online videos that have been selected to view prior to classes.


Press Reader

This is accessible through your Edmonton Public Library Account, where you will be able to view newspaper publications across Canada and from around the world, including your country of origin. You will use your Edmonton Public Library Card and Password to gain access.


Non-Academic Resources

The Residential Tenancy Dispute Resolution Service (RTDRS) is subject to several rules, procedures, laws and regulations.

Residential Tenancies Act

Amendments to the Residential Tenancies Act (PDF, 56 pages) and regulations in 2004 and 2005 allowed for the creation of the service. The Residential Tenancy Dispute Resolution Service Regulation (PDF, 18 pages) establishes the authority to operate the service.

The Rules of Practice and Procedure (PDF, 29 pages) describe how the RTDRS operates.

The Freedom of Information and Privacy Act applies to the RTDRS. Click on RTDRS’s Directory of Personal Information Banks (PDF, 5 pages) for more information.

Information for tenants click this link: Information_for_tenants

Edmonton Resolution Support Centre

8th Floor, John E. Brownlee Building, 10365-97 Street, Edmonton, Alberta. Phone: 780-427-8343

Contact this service


This section has an assortment of resources to help you  if needed, speak to your academic advisor or the Office of the Registrar if you have questions.

Supporting trades people, we offer tradespeople subsidies for blue seal programs

External Legal Resources

Student Legal Services (Edmonton)
Phone: 780-492-8244

Student Legal Assistance (Calgary)
Phone: 403-220-6637

Edmonton Community Legal Centre
Phone: 780-702-1725

Central Alberta Community Legal Clinic (Red Deer)
Phone: 403-314-9129 or toll-free 1-877-314-9129

Lawyer Referral Service
Phone: 780-429-3343 or toll-free 1-800-661-1095

Calgary Legal Guidance
Phone: 403-234-9266

Supports in The Community

Newcomers Guide

The City of Edmonton has created a valuable resource to assist newcomers to Canada that includes a 63 page PDF document – We highly recommend that you take the time to look at this link.

Health Link

Health Link is your trusted source of health information.
If you have a health related question, please dial 811 for real time answers and support or at this link.

Bringing people and services together. Find the information you need about community, health, social and government services
across the province.

211 can help you find basic needs (food, clothing, shelter and financial support) employment resources parenting support counselling/support groups health care legal services and MUCH more…

780-482-4357 (HELP) The 24-hours Distress Line is available 7 days a week The Distress Line provides confidential, non-judgmental and short-term crisis intervention, emotional support and resources to people in crisis or distress. We also support family, friends and caregivers of people in crisis.

Mental Health Resources
Canadian Mental Health Association